Good Time Moving & Storage provides a full range of moving services to residential and commercial customers in Franklin, TN.
Franklin is located south of Nashville in Williamson County, which is ranked as one of the best places to live in America by Livability.com.
Here’s why locals feel Franklin is such a great place to live.
Franklin is the 9th largest community in Tennessee, with 74,794 residents. (2018, NeighborhoodScout.com) It is a predominantly white-collar community (almost 92%), with most residents in management (16.30%), sales (14.16%), and office and administrative support (10.28%) occupations.
Franklin also has more residents who work in math and computers than 95% of U.S. communities, as well as more artists, designers, and media employees than 90% of U.S. communities.
- Median household income: $88,961 (60.81% above the national average)
- Crime rate: 16.57 per 1,000 residents (7% lower than the national average)
- Average home value: $416,983, with the most expensive homes valued at over $1 million
- More than 66% of residents are homeowners
- Average monthly rent: $1,752
The top 6 employment industries in Nashville are:
- Healthcare – 15.4%
- Professional, Scientific & Technical – 12.5%
- Retail – 11.1%
- Education – 8.6%
- Finance – 8.4%
- Manufacturing – 7.5%
Solid waste collection (trash, recycling, and brush) in Franklin city limits is handled by the Sanitation and Environmental Services Department. Residents outside the city limits must contract with a private disposal company such as:
- Franklin Disposal & Rolloff (615) 794-8964
- U.S. Waste Management (615) 390-1929
- Waste Tech Services (615) 771-1272
Water, sewer, and reclaimed water are administered by the Water Management Department. Customers can Arrange for services, and View and Pay bills online.
There are two school districts in that serve Franklin, TN: Franklin Special School District, and Williamson County School District. You can find out more about the local school system, its districts and schools by visiting the district websites and by visiting GreatSchools.org.
Things to See & Do In & Around Franklin:
- Downtown Franklin – locally owned shops, galleries, antiques, live entertainment and more, all within 16 blocks!
- Franklin On Foot – walking tours of Franklin
- Marcella Vivrette Smith Park – huge farm with forests, a mansion, wildlife habitats, and walking trails
- The Factory at Franklin – 30,000 square-foot historical factory that was converted into a retail and entertainment complex
- The Park at Harlinsdale Farm – horse farm, dog park, hiking trails, sports arena
Other Franklin Resources:
City of Franklin Website – http://www.franklintn.gov/home
City Services – http://www.franklintn.gov/i-want-to/find-my-city-services
Fire Department – http://www.franklintn.gov/government/fire
Parks & Recreation – http://www.franklintn.gov/government/parks
Trash Disposal – Sanitation and Environmental Services Department
Visitor Information Center – http://www.franklintn.gov/community/visitor-information-center
Water & Sewer Services – Water Management Department